Skip to content
- To guard and strengthen sovereignty, national security, unity, peace, stability and integrity of the Kingdom.
- To ensure that every Bhutanese can enjoy security, welfare and prosperity.
- To provide equal opportunity to everyone to enable them to develop their full potential to contribute to the process of nation-building and to enable them to live a happy and meaningful life.
- To preserve and promote social and family values, tradition and culture, religion and spirituality to enrich the life of every Bhutanese.
- To conserve the pristine environment in harmony with socio-economic development.
- To accelerate regionally balanced and equitable socio-economic growth across the Kingdom.
- To provide transparent, accountable, professional and consistent conviction with compassion
to good governance and institute systemic cure for corruption.
- To expand and improve the quality of services to health and education and to public amenities and infrastructure.
- To encourage active participation of women in political, social and economic affairs.
- To empower the youth through requisite knowledge and skills with values for employment
- To build a fair and just society with equal opportunities to all Bhutanese.
- To promote goodwill and cooperation with other nations, including the time-tested
friendship with India, and respect for international laws and obligations.